AmicusHorizon and the Data Protection Act
The Data Protection Act 1998 ensures your information is not misused.
It defines a set of rules and guidelines we must follow when handling your information. These are referred to as Data Protection Principles.
We must make sure your information is:
- Processed fairly and lawfully
- Processed for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate and up to date
- Not kept for longer than necessary
- Processed in line with your rights
- Kept secure
- Not transferred to other countries without adequate protection.
We'll always process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
How we use Your Personal Information
The information you provide through the Volconnect website will only be used to:
- provide you with information about our volunteering opportunities
- manage your volunteering role(s)
- correspond with you – e.g. we'll use your contact details to write to you at home
- offer learning and development opportunities
- maintain accurate volunteer records
- monitor Equality and Diversity
- conduct surveys in order to monitor and improve our services
- We may publish certain volunteer-related information about you (including your image) on the intranet, AmicusHorizon website and in newsletters.
Unless we advise you otherwise, we will only collect and process personal information to carry out the above functions.
We may sometimes need to share personal information with third parties. We do this to achieve the purposes described above. We also share information to:
- help us communicate with you (e.g. we sometimes use external printers, translators etc…)
- Request CRB (now called DBS) checks – for certain roles
We may also disclose your personal details, if required to do so, by law or any Government body.
Use of IP addresses
IP addresses will only be collected for system administration and to audit the use of our site. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable.
How AmicusHorizon Stores Your Personal Information
Personal information is stored on our computer systems and/or a volunteer file. It's held securely and we have security measures in place to protect it. We record all telephone calls received through the AmicusHorizon Customer Contact Centre.
How long do you keep my information?
We have a Document Retention Policy. This policy states how long we keep different types of information for. We follow legal guidance and best practice.
Can I see the Personal Information AmicusHorizon holds about me?
Yes! You have a legal right to see the personal information we hold on you. This is called a Subject Access Request.
There is a charge of £10 for responding to a Subject Access Request and, by law we have 40 calendar days to deliver the information. You can apply in writing to:
Data Protection Manager
Grosvenor House, 10th Floor,
125 High Street,
We also have a standard form you can complete. Please contact the Data Protection Manager at the above address if you would like a copy. Or email email@example.com. We'll ask you to confirm your identity as part of the request.
Your right to certain information may be restricted. For example information relating to, or from, a third party, or information relating to a police investigation etc.
The following Data Controllers are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office: AmicusHorizon Limited, Crystal Palace Housing Association Limited, Amicus Group Limited and The Fresh Visions People Limited.